Finding your suitable readers for kenwood home stereo receiver is not easy. You may need consider between hundred or thousand products from many store. In this article, we make a short list of the best readers for kenwood home stereo receiver including detail information and customer reviews. Let’s find out which is your favorite one.
897 reviews analysed
1. Yamaha R-N303BL Stereo Receiver with Wi-Fi Bluetooth & Phono Black, Works with Alexa
- Wi-Fi, wireless direct, Bluetooth, airplay, and musiccast multiform Audio
- Simple and sophisticated design with two channels of 100 W high-power output. Minimum RMS Output Power : 100 W + 100 W (8 ohms, 40 Hz-20 kHz, 0.2 percentage THD)
- Phono input terminals for Turntables voice control using your Alexa device like echo or echo dot
- Optical and coaxial Audio inputs for TV. Frequency Response-0 ± 0.5 dB / 0 ± 3.0 dB. FM Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo)-65 dB / 64 dB
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Access to your music library, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM internet radio, Tidal and Deezer
Value for money is the ultimate aim of every person out there. You want the best you can (Or better) for the bucks you pay. In terms of Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver, Yamaha R-N303BL Stereo Receiver with Wi-Fi Bluetooth & Phono Black, Works with Alexa would be your best bet for getting a value for money. Launched Quite time Ago Yamaha R-N303BL Stereo Receiver with Wi-Fi Bluetooth & Phono Black, Works with Alexa was the best-sold product and even today, the sales number speak.
Having such amazing features, all this is bundled up at a cost, which may seem high for few, but is actually very good if you compare its features. Our bet is Yamaha R-N303BL Stereo Receiver with Wi-Fi Bluetooth & Phono Black, Works with Alexa would be the Best Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver for Money.
- The sound quality is exceptional for a receiver at this price.
- Sound quality was better than expected for the price.
- Pros sound quality full feature remote number of presets (40) integration with many streamings services,alexa and google ho… Read More
- Lastly, the streaming is through wifi so you are not dealing with the limited range and in/out capabilities of bluetooth.
- Sound quality is excellent, but of course your mileage may vary depending on the rest of your rig.
- The workaround for the non-hd problem is to pick up the feed on line with the net radio feature.
- I love this product and it was a great price.
- Work well right out of the box.
- If i leave for 30 mins and come back i have to turn off and turn on the reciever to connect to my phone again.
- Received this as part of a birthday package from my wife, along with yamaha n-6490 bookshelf speakers, an audiotechnica at-lp12… Read More
- It doesnt like the yamaha reciever, no biggie two different generations.
- The musiccast app’s annoyances and lack of a windows version are *almost* enough to cost an overall star.
- You can only play the same source on the speakers and cannot turn off/on a zone from the musiccast app.
- If you have a nas or pc acting as a music server, getting that working is pretty painless if you have a phone that can run musi… Read More
- Hard to find a stero only system as most things are for home theater, some of which set ups are great for explosions and gunsho… Read More
- I love it use the stereo when watching TV and music
- I use primarily at this to stream Fortify from office computer into living room. Will soon connect TV. Would have given 5 ST… Read More
- Purchased mainly on the strength of the back-panel photo, this thing handles complexity like a champ.It easily swaps between MP… Read More
- great addition to any home theater system
2. Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream from other Bluetooth devices
- FM Radio with 30-station presets: Full-size (1/4″) headphone jack. 4 Stereo RCA audio inputs, 2 digital audio outputs (1 optical and 1 coaxial)
- Low-profile design (5 ¼” tall) fits easily into conventional AV cabinet
- In the box: Remote (RMT-AA401U), Batteries, FM antenna, Calibration mic (mono)
- 5.2 Ch x 145W per channel (6ohms, 1kHz, 1ch THD 0.9%)
- HDMI 4-in/1-out with Audio Return Channel
- S-FORCE PRO front surround sound, Dolby TrueHD and dts HD Enhanced Audio Codecs
- 4K HDR, Dolby Vision compatibility with HDCP 2.2 support
If you are the sort of a person who doesn’t compromise on quality and is ready to shell a little extra then Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth is your choice. They say you either buy a quality product once or buy cheap products every day, the cost comes to same.
The new Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth comes with best Price. It is industry’s most trusted, most preferred and quality Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver and it considered as Gold Standard by many users as well as non-users.
If you are looking for a long-time investment with a quality Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver then don’t look beyond Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth. The product is featured, highlighted and appreciated in Reviews of Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver in 2020 and this has been backed by many users.
- I have had it operational for 2 months now and am still very pleased with the purchase.
- This was added to my sony bravia tv, it has great sound and runs cool but for some unknown (and well documented) reason it turn… Read More
- Expect the quality to be equal to the price the item.
- Other than that i am perfectly happy with the quality, performance and price of this receiver.
- My grandson is as happy as a pig in the wallo.
- I just purchased this sony receiver, along with sony’s recommended 145 watt speakers (center, front, and rear) and 10active sub.
- It’s a decent reciever for the price.
- It’s a sony so a reliable name brand.
- replaced old Sony tuner amp that was giving me problems.
- For the first few months, I was becoming dissatisfied with the Sony receiver. I hooked it up as follows: Sat Receiver (Dish),… Read More
3. Denon Receiver Streaming Compatibility Bluetooth
- CHOOSE HIGH QUALITY AUDIO WITH THE BUILT IN CD PLAYER In addition to the basic functions of Play/ Pause/Stop, Repeat/Random, Forward/Rewind, this receiver cum CD player allows direct song access and program playback (up to 25 tracks)
- With its 100 year legacy & Japanese precision technology, Denon BRINGS PURITY OF SOUND AND JOY TO YOUR LIVES. Immerse yourself in multi dimensional audio and Hi Fi surround sound with this receiver for an unmatched home entertainment system
- A COMPACT & VERSATILE SOLUTION Easy setup, additional connections with USB, subwoofer output, built in Wi Fi, AM/FM Tuner, Headphone jack, and simple controls. Perfect for smaller footprint rooms, apartments and condos
- CONNECT A WHOLE HOME WIRELESS AUDIO SYSTEM including your TV, other media devices or gaming console to the receiver and redefine your movie, music, sports and gaming experience
- A BLEND OF SOPHISTICATION & OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE IN A SMALL FOOTPRINT From the award winning CEOL series, this Network CD Receiver has a minimalistic design in matte finish & comes with both Analogue & Digital inputs
- HEOS MUSIC STREAMING WITH AMAZON ALEXA COMPATABILITY Enjoy the benefits of multi room HEOS wireless streaming with voice commands & use popular services like Spotify, Internet Radio, Tidal, TuneIn, Pandora and more via Bluetooth or Airplay 2
Going ahead with our list, we have something very specific to a specific audience. Yes, Denon Receiver Streaming Compatibility Bluetooth has a very selective audience with specific taste. It satisfies customer expectations (Given that your expectations don’t cross a limit) and it adds value for money but more importantly, it adds a style to the user which can be your fashion statement.
Denon Receiver Streaming Compatibility Bluetooth is definitely the must-buy for those who need a little of both quality and price efficiency and as per our analysis, Denon Receiver Streaming Compatibility Bluetooth easily gets the award of Best Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver Under 100$.
4. Pyle 200W Audio Stereo Receiver
- Powerful 200W: The Pyle Bluetooth stereo receiver offers you 200 Watts of power for 4 Ohms Impedance speakers. Great addition to your home entertainment system as it allows you to enjoy high quality audio and deliver crisp stereo sounds
- Led digital display: The compact table top amplifier features a built-in LCD digital display meter which shows all the functions and input used. The package also includes a remote control for hassle-free distant audio adjustments
- Button controls: Features crisp and responsive buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for master volume adjustments. It also features blue LED lights which can be adjusted through the LED switch button
- Multiple inputs: The personal portable digital amp box has a built-in USB port for digital audio file playback, aux in for iPod/cell phone/MP3 player, Radio tuner, DVD CD player, 2 karaoke Microphone inputs for a limitless music experience
- Bluetooth connectivity: equipped with Bluetooth for wireless music streaming, this integrated power amplifier works w/ today’s latest devices including tablet, smartphone, computer, laptop, etc. Plus a built-in antenna for extended range
Pyle 200W Audio Stereo Receiver is a veteran in the market and has been here for a long time. It offers something of a unique feature which no other competitor offers.
Go for Pyle 200W Audio Stereo Receiver if you want to try out something of a fusion of new and classic. Fun & Interesting Fact about Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver is that even though Pyle 200W Audio Stereo Receiver is a veteran, the users are mostly younger generation. You can say fashion makes a turn after a century or so and things repeat.
- Quality pyle product and easy bluetooth connection.
- I will definitely buy another pyle product.
- I am very impressed with the service and responses i got for them.
- When my boss came in she noticed the difference in the sound quality immediately before she even got into the back to see i had… Read More
- The sound quality is very good and the price is very good.
- My phone connected to it so fast and easy which made it more enjoyable.
- Set up was quick and easy and it works great!
- I needed a new radio for work and found this one, it’s a great product and at a great price!
- Great receiver at a great price
5. Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision
- In the box: Receiver unit, Remote control, Size AAA Batteries for Remote control, FM wire antenna (aerial), Start-up guide, Operating Instructions
- S-FORCE PRO front surround sound
- HDMI 4-in/1-out with Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream from other Bluetooth devices
- 7.2 Ch x 145W per channel (6ohms, 1kHz, 1ch THD 0.9%)
- Advanced Auto Calibration technology (Adv. DCAC)
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object-based surround sound
- 4K HDR/Dolby Vision compatibility with HDCP 2.2 support
If you are buying a Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver for the first time, then you should have Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision. It has fewer features when you make Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver comparisons of Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision with any other Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver but what it has is ease of use and best in class service. Go ahead and Grab a Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver, grab any Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver but if you are first time user and want a good experience do not look anywhere other than Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision
- The sound quality is great as i have not upgraded in awhile so my knowledge of what out there is slim.
- Great buy for the money and quality product.
- Audio quality is excellent, and it even has analog stereo audio in for my now-ancient jvc vcr (yes, i still have tapes).
- Once i figured everything out, i am totally pleased with the excellent sound, i like the dts-neural settings.
- Very soft clear sound, and good price!
- Other than that, for the price, that’s nothing better.
- For the price (300-ish), this thing has just the right power and hookups i need, not sure why you’d wanna spend any more, unles… Read More
- Just remember these items take a pounding in shipping.
- One of the top reviews mentions no hdmi cec for the receiver, but it definitely does have it; i didn’t have to even configure a… Read More
- I actually thought the six dt speakers would hook up to the tv like a soundbar.
- I mated a new polk psw10 10 subwoofer to this sony, and the sound/volume of my system is now truly impressive.
- Upgrading from a sony 1000w htib and there’s just no competition.
- The user interface is a bit clunky (c’mon sony), but it works just fine once it’s set up.
- Timely Delivery & consideration of shippers.I truly appreciate you getting this receiver to my husband before the Super Bowl st… Read More
- Picked this up for my new home theater. I am running an Atmos 5.2.2 setup. Some other reviewers have indicated that it only run… Read More
6. Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver, 5.2 channel, 4K Ultra HD Audio and Video, Home Theater System, built-in Bluetooth and USB port, Compatible with HEOS Link for Wireless Music Streaming
- FOUR QUICK SELECT BUTTONS ON THE FRONT PANEL help you store your preferred audio settings for television, Blu-Ray, and more, and allows you to switch between them quickly
- YOUR FAVORITE MUSIC AT YOUR FINGERTIPS – With a built-in Bluetooth, amp up your music from eight different devices, be it a computer or any other smart device and transmit it to a wide range of speaker systems. CREATE AN INTEGRATED AUDIO SYSTEM in conjunction with DENON HEOS LINK for a thrilling multi-room experience, which also allows you to play back music from almost every digital streaming service like Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora and many more
- MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR NEW 4K ULTRA HD TV. This stereo receiver delivers exceptional brightness, contrast and color leveraging industry leading HLG (hybrid Log-Gamma), HDR (High Dynamic Range), BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling to impress even the most discerning viewers. Experience 5 AMPLIFIERS (140W per channel) driving amazing power, realistic display and immersive sound across any room
- OUR EASY ON-SCREEN SETUP ASSISTANT walks you through clear simple instructions to connect your TV, specific EQ settings and helps you optimize your surround sound
- You can also connect the Denon AVR with your Smart TV remote and ACCESS ALL YOUR SPEAKER SOURCES AND SURROUND MODE SELECTIONS USING JUST ONE REMOTE. Or simply USE YOUR SMARTPHONE AS A REMOTE. Download the Denon 500 Series Remote app for iOS and Android and get control the receiver through your phone! Convenient, isn’t it?
- With its 100-year legacy and Japanese precision technology, Denon AV Receiver S540BT DELIVERS MULTI-DIMENSIONAL SURROUND SOUND with 5.2 channel compatibility and SUPPORTS 4K ULTRA HD PICTURE QUALITY, perfect for your home theater and entertainment system
Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver, 5.2 channel, 4K Ultra HD Audio and Video, Home Theater System, built-in Bluetooth and USB port, Compatible with HEOS Link for Wireless Music Streaming is a relatively new and late entrant in the market but surprisingly has surpassed beyond Sony STR-DH790 7.2-Ch AV Receiver, 4K HDR, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, Dts:X, With Bluetooth which have been in market longer than anyone. Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver, 5.2 channel, 4K Ultra HD Audio and Video, Home Theater System, built-in Bluetooth and USB port, Compatible with HEOS Link for Wireless Music Streaming brings you the best of the quality in the lowest possible cost. The Best feature of Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver, 5.2 channel, 4K Ultra HD Audio and Video, Home Theater System, built-in Bluetooth and USB port, Compatible with HEOS Link for Wireless Music Streaming is what has kept in the market.
It certainly makes appearance in Reviews of Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver in 2020 owing to its price penetration strategy in the market. If you own a Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver and it could be any of the high value Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver, chances are that would be much costlier than Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver, 5.2 channel, 4K Ultra HD Audio and Video, Home Theater System, built-in Bluetooth and USB port, Compatible with HEOS Link for Wireless Music Streaming. Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver, 5.2 channel, 4K Ultra HD Audio and Video, Home Theater System, built-in Bluetooth and USB port, Compatible with HEOS Link for Wireless Music Streaming will have more than 50% of all its features.
- I did not know anything about this brand, but my son did some research and i am pleased with this product
- Sound quality is what i had hoped for, and thank you denon for making an affordable model for us audiophiles with a tight budget.
- I had trouble with the setup as the quick start instructions implied that you could activate bluetooth and tech support was clo… Read More
- Using polk fronts & sub woofer and klipsch center and rears the sound quality is very nice with a number of different settings … Read More
- Obvisouly they last and the sound quality is great.
- I’m happy with features, setup, and price was fair.
- Purchased unit to upgrade sound system (hmdi) on screen setup was a breeze, worked right out of the box
- Sounds awesome with polk sub and surround with cerwin- vega 315 mains.
- I have my tv (output) tied in with my blueray, xbox, cable box, firestick, and i still have an empty hdmi input.
- Now i can use all the same devices (roku, blu-ray, chromecast, etc) and get full resolution.
- Awsome amp for 300$ well worth it now I have bluetooth
7. Yamaha Rx V385 5 1 Channel Receiver Bluetooth
- HDMI 2.1 with HDCP 2.2 (4-in/1-out)
- Bluetooth for wireless connectivity.Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven)- 100 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD). Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven)- 70 W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD). Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA)- 145 W (6 ohms, 10% THD)
- 4K Ultra HD support, HDR10, Dolby vision, hybrid log-gamma and BT.2020
- 5.1-Channel powerful surround sound
- YPAO auto-calibration technology for ideal sound,Exclusive Yamaha CINEMA DSP technology supports playback of HD Audio (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, etc.), providing natural and expansive sound imaging
- Providing complete compatibility with the latest HDMI standards, this AV receiver delivers transmission of 4K video at 60 frames/second pass-through. It also supports HDR (high dynamic range) Video including Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma which provides incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colors
- Overall, i’m very satisfied with the yamaha rx-v385.
- I was quite surprised at how great the sound quality was.
- The sound is good but greatly affected by the quality of speakers the buyer is using.
- It’s a very high quality product except for the bluetooth does not find your signal at all
- 8mhz dsd64 which is still great considering the price.
- And this yamaha gives me exactly what i need, at an excellent price.
- For the price i doubt you can find better.
- Building a decent home theatre does not have cost you a fortune.
- The automatic speaker calibration that this receiver comes was fast & easy.
- I contemplated for several weeks before i finally decided on the rxv385.
- The best feature is that straight out of the box everything seemed to work without doing a whole lot of setup.
- Have used a soundbar for the past few years but finally decided to jump back on a detecated surround system.
- I do own a yamaha bluray and an giant yamaha motorcyle.
- Just replaced a marantz sr 6010 that was nothing but trouble from the start.
- Bluetooth playback is alright, music enhancer does a noticible job of cleaning the music a bit, nothing extreme but does add a … Read More
- Very nice Home Theater receiver
- Hey….this stuff is complicated and takes some study…to choose an AV Receiver, TV, Speakers, etc…etc..etc.. I do own a Yam… Read More
8. Wireless Bluetooth Audio Power Amplifier – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Sound Compact Stereo Receiver w/ USB, AM FM, 2 Mic IN w/ Echo, RCA, LED, Speaker Selector – For Studio, Home Use – Pyle PT272AUBT
- BLUETOOTH ENABLED: The integrated hybrid amplifier is equipped with Bluetooth for wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer, etc
- EQ CONTROLS: The sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for equalization and master volume adjustments. Includes remote control for distant audio adjustments and a power cable
- 3.5mm network adapter wire powered subwoofer switch small tv smart iphone 4.1 dj voice hdmi phone mono antenna indoor auto radio watt amplify compact ipod bass tube signal pc supply automotive cord house transmitter sub
- 6 INPUTS: The personal digital amp box supports SD / MMC card, USB, MP3, AM FM tuner, AUX, CD player, 2 microphone input w/ echo for karaoke or event hosting, RCA, AUX, and Bluetooth inputs
- A/B SPEAKER SELECTOR: The professional integrated stereo receiver has A/B speaker selector enabling you to choose b/w speaker set. Use either A or B speakers or both. Note that when it is turned on initially it uses both speakers as default
- Otherwise very happy with function and quality for price.
- There won’t be a subwoofer, and audio quality is going to be as good as my phone’s bluetooth since all we will be doing is streaming audio.
- At less than $100, you cannot expect earth-shattering quality.
- For the price, you can’t beat it.
- Even though it is a great unit for the price!
- Love being able to have bluetooth at such a low price!
- However, those two receivers are in my great room and basement, powering some pretty high-end equipment.
- When turning on , it always chooses speakers a&b and volume starts at 20db.
- This seems to be a nice stereo system so far as I’ve had no problem yet & hope it stays that way.
- It great for what I need it for, my work. Sounds, and looks good. Great price too.
- this is what i was looking for perfect
9. Hikity Bluetooth Support Steering Microphone
- 【FM AM RDS Receiver】FM radio with high-quality stereo, which can search channels in full-automatic ways, semiautomatic way and acurate adjustment way
- 【Single Din Car Stereo】4.1 inch capacitive Touch Screen, 178(L)*85(W)*50(H)mm. There are two USB, TF card and AUX-in port, Rear Microphone input, subwoofer output.
- 【Bluetooth function】for Hands-free calls, music play, phone books download. Providing you a safe and comfortable driving environment
- 【Multiple Functions】Multi-format audio and video recoding
- 【Rear View Camera Input】come with backup camera, after connected wires, when you pull the reverse gear, the device will show rear view image automatically
- Support 1080P full format
- Brightness adjustment, Subwoofer audio output, Original steering wheel remote control(Not support cars need a canbus).
Hikity Bluetooth Support Steering Microphone is again a mid of quality and price. It offers limited features in this pricing. There is another variant of Hikity Bluetooth Support Steering Microphone which falls into premium category but Hikity Bluetooth Support Steering Microphoneis specifically targeted for mid-segment.
Hikity Bluetooth Support Steering Microphone offers such a amazing features which makes it better than 70% of Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver available in the market today. Hikity Bluetooth Support Steering Microphone was our personal favorite and was voted as most admired product in TOP 10 Best Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver to Buy in 2020 – TOP Picks. We hope it makes to that list again this year.
10. Sunbuck Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier
- 5 INPUT OPIONAL: The digital amp box supports USB/SD card/FM Radio/ Bluetooth and various external sources RCA(R,L) audio input for tuner, CD player, tape deck and so on.
- USB 2.0/SD CARD INPUT: The sound amplifying mixer device features a USB/SD card input to support flash drives or SD card. Allows you to play your favorite audio files from your computer’s media library when you connect it directly to the amp.
- 180 WATT POWER: THE 2 channel Sunbuck Bluetooth stereo amplifier receiver provides 180W/90W x 2 P.M.P.O(Peak Music Power Output), which is is perfect for your home theater acoustic sound system. Let’s stay home and enjoy high quality amplified audio.
- DC 12V and AC110V POWER INPUT: Recommend for home TV audio, computer audio system-game, tower Speaker, garden speaker. Small simple compact design also for car audio system. Let’s enjoy high quality amplified audio everywhere.
- EQ CORTROLS – previous, next, play/pause. Rotary knob controls for input, bass, treble, and master volume, come with remote control for distant audio adjustments.
Last but not the least, if you haven’t liked any of the Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver yet, then Sunbuck Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier is your choice. It is another one which is Best Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver Under 100$ and Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver comparison have showed it has ranked best in past based solely on its features. Sunbuck Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier offers best features and although it does not have, Sunbuck Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier’s feature is unbeatable. We would recommend you to go ahead with this if you want an all rounder Best Kenwood Home Stereo Receiver Under 100$
Music lovers always appreciate good sound quality, and an AV (audio/video) receiver provides you with a nonpareil experience. The market is inundated with gadgets every day, and it is not easy to buy one without doing a little homework. If you want to get the most out of your home entertainment system, an audio/video receiver (AVR) is a must. It is the focal point of a home theater system. You need an AVR for a multitude of tasks, ranging from supplying power to your speakers to enabling surround sound. Having a clear idea of the features that you should be looking for is the first step towards making a suitable choice. To make your research easier, we have devised a useful guide to help you buy the best AV receiver, after going through thousands of AV receiver reviews on the Internet.
The best AVRs can be classified on the basis of the number of audio inputs and output ports that they feature, the number of channels that they support, and the number of speakers they can power.
5.1 Channel–It is the basic model that support five speakers and one sub-woofer.
7.1 Channel–This model supports two additional speakers, making it a total of seven, and a sub-woofer for a richer sound.
7.2 Channel–This is one of the best AVRs, designed for larger rooms and higher configuration home theater systems. It supports an additional sub-woofer for a more even distribution of sound.
9.2 Channel– This is the latest AV receiver that supports up to nine speakers and two sub-woofers.
Warranty: Most users would recommend choosing a product with a reliable warranty. When you invest a substantial amount of money in an appliance, you would like to have the benefit of easy replacement of parts in the event of any manufacturing defects.
Ease of use: Using all the features to your best advantage is only possible if you understand them clearly. It is quite clear that most users prefer user-friendly interfaces that can be regulated with ease.
Stay away from cheap products: Most users would recommend that you should always opt for reliable brands that offer quality products and best after-sales services.
What to consider before buying an AV receiver
Today’s market is filled with many types of AV receivers and an equally high number of features—which can leave you perplexed as to which one to choose. We have put together a few factors for you to consider before you make a purchase:
Check the number of inputs: Opt for an AV receiver that comes with at least six input points. This, indeed, is the most important feature to be considered. Also, ensure there are a number of HDMI inputs, as most of the gadgets you use today are HDMI devices.
Do not go by the latest model: Decide on the model based on the features you would really need. With each new model, new features get added: Airplay streaming, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Dolby Atmos, etc.–the list goes on. However, wireless capabilities, streaming features, and a USB port can be considered necessary—don’t compromise on those features.
Decide on the stereo/surround option: Opt for stereo if the purpose of the AV receiver is to listen to quality music. An AV receiver with a surround mode is meant for home theater use. Although a stereotype receiver is old-fashioned, it is the ideal one if you plan to listen to music only. You can save a substantial sum of money by not buying the surround type–unless, of course, you feel you really want it.
Check the power: This determines the quality of sound transmitted by your receiver. A high-wattage receiver will provide better sound quality even at low and medium volumes. Keep in mind the size and sensitivity of your speakers while selecting an AVR. Also, you should consider the size and design of the room in which you are planning to set up your equipment before making a decision about the relevant amplification.Buy the receiver that is powerful enough for accommodating the connected speakers, as well as the room in which it is located. The larger the room, the more the power that is required. Also, with the “All channels driven” specification, you can be sure that sound will be amplified to all channels.
Check connectivity – The ideal AVR should have an adequate number of input and output ports to accommodate all your equipment, as well as some spare ports. The technology to look out for in this department is HDMI (High-definition Multimedia Interface), which gives you the best video and audio output. Your AVR should feature digital connections–you should also ensure that it has the correct inputs, keeping in mind the equipment you plan to connect to it.
Ensure adequate features– Typically, AVRs incorporate several features to regulate the quality of audio and video output. Multi-channel stereo, traditional surround sound and simulated environments such as jazz club and concert hall environments are the buzzwords in audio capability. Latest video capabilities include 3D streaming, multi-screen display, and video processing. Making a list of features that you require may narrow down your choices.
Latest fads: Bluetooth, Airplay, Song Pal and Wi-Fi are some of the features to look for. Bluetooth connectivity allows you to connect your AVR with any kind of Bluetooth-enabled device for streaming audio and visual files. Airplay connectivity is limited to Apple products. SongPal is a Sony app that allows you to stream music from your smartphone. Wi-Fi is another useful feature that you would like to have to access your home Internet connection without the use of an external Ethernet cable.
Interface: The wide range of features would not be of any use if you cannot figure out the way to use them optimally. The best AVRs come with a user-friendly graphical interface that is easy to understand and regulate.
Calibration: A number of AVRs now offer automatic calibration that checks and configures systems and settings on their own. This feature makes life easier, especially if your knowledge of audio-video systems is limited.
Pioneer, established in 1938 in Japan, is one of the leading manufacturers of the best quality musical equipment.
Yamaha is a Japanese company that has grown to become the world’s largest manufacturer of a range of musical instruments, audio/visual products, and other related products.
Onkyo Corporation from Japan is known for their musical equipment and AVRs. Their advanced products are very popular with users.